Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Trip That Never Happened

So I should have been arriving in Aruba right now but I'm not, I'm at home. What happened? Visas happened. Before you stop reading let me explain, so during fall break a Peruvian couple came to visit and stay with us. They're like my parents long lost friends or something. So the plan was that they would get to tour around here and then today (Thursday) we would go to Aruba. It was all going great, we packed and left home; there was a little traffic on the way to the airport because of the rain so we called a lady to start the check in. She asked for our passport numbers, names, birthday and everything else needed. But then she asked what the visa number for our guests was. Everyone sort of panicked at the same time but we still went to the airport to try. No luck. Turns out a new law was set on October 10th saying that Peruvians needed a visa to go to Aruba from that time on. Bummer. So yeah I'm not going to Aruba anymore. Were trying to see if we can go to a beach tomorrow but I don't know how that's coming along. I hope that works but if it doesn't... Well at least I didn't have to go to school this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment