Friday, January 28, 2011

Survival

http://goo.gl/F1Z15 

In my English class we are reading Lord of the Flies (aka LOTF). In my opinion it's a very interesting book, we haven’t yet finished the book yet but I have great expectations for how this will end. I really hope the boys get rescued but it seems like the chances of that happening are very slim since Jack isn’t listening to Ralph. Well I’m not writing a summary about it here because we’ve talked about it enough in class. As I read the book I noticed that Ralph seems to be doing everything possible to get rescued or at least give the world a signal that they are there. I decided to look around the web to see it there is anything else they should be doing; I found 5 things that should be done in order to get rescued from a deserted island. The first one is finding water; humans can only live three to five days without the intake of fresh water. The second tip is to build a signal fire because without it no one will find you. The third step is building a shelter to protect you from rain, sun, wind, and simply to feel safe when you go to sleep. Fourth is finding food, although you can last a little longer without food it's important to eat and gain more energy. The last point is waiting. Rescue can take a long time so patience is probably the most important. If I were stuck in an island I would definitely rather be with Ralph because he seems to know how to get someone out of an island.



No comments:

Post a Comment